How to change name in Aadhar card online?
How to change name in Aadhar card online? - As aadhar card is one of the most important and necessary identifications for Indians, it includes a 12 digit number for identification along with a name, mobile numbers, birth, date, etc. At present, it is an important identification document that decreases the problem of carrying multiple documents just like, voter ID, ration card, passport, etc. Also, as the government announced in 2019, that people can now file their income tax returns through aadhar card if there is no PAN card. However, it is important and necessary for keeping your detail updated in your aadhar card.
Update Aadhar card
Usually, people can
use aadhar card address change online
by visiting the aadhar self-service
update portal. Through this portal, a person can change their address,
mobile number, date of birth, etc on Aadhar card. To change your details on
aadhar card it can be done from both online and offline. A person can change
their name on aadhar card online if
he/ she has a valid mobile number registered with aadhar. There are some
following steps to change your aadhar online services:
- Visit the official website of the Aadhar self-service update portal.
- Then, log in to that portal with aadhar number.
- Submit a request for aadhar card name correction.
- Then upload self-attested and scanned documents of your proof identity.
- With this, you will receive an OTP for verifying that your number is registered.
- Lastly, once you are requested for the name change submitted, you will be given the aadhar card request number. With this, it will track your request.
These whole process of
updating is done free of cost.
Required documents for
changing Aadhar card online
For aadhar card name change online, A
person usually required these following documents for changes. They are as
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- Ration card
- Marriage certification
- A photo identification card issued by the government of India
- Legally approved name change certificate
- Photo credit card
Aadhar card update
UIDAI aadhar update has made it simple for people to get their aadhar update or get
corrected in both offline and online. The aadhar
card issued by UIDAI for aadhar update includes vital information of a
particular person such as name, address, gender, phone number, etc. It also
includes a fingerprint of the holder to get a scan. As per UIDAI aadhar update, the detail that can be changed are mentioned
- Demographic Information- Address, name, gender, age/date of birth, Mobile number, relationship status, email address, and information sharing consent.
- Biometric information- Fingerprints, iris, facial photographs.
Change Name in Aadhar Card Online
There are two modes of UIDAI aadhar update:
- Online- This mode is a self-service mode from where you can easily place a request on the websites for updating your address. To log in, you must use the OTP received on your registered mobile number and the aadhar number of 12 digit number. There is a step to follow when choosing online modes:
- Visit the Aadhar self-service update portal.
- Select the specific field that you want to update.
- Then fill up the field with correct information and submit it.
- URN will be generated when the information is submitted.
- Select BPO for review of the updates.
- Attached the scanned copies of supporting documents
- Lastly, check the aadhar update status using Update Request Number (URN).
- Permanent Enrolment Center- This mode helps you to place a biometric and demographic update request with the help of an operator at the PEC. This operator will also collect the documents evidence supporting update requests from you. For UIDAI aadhar it offers three helpful updated modes, that has mentioned below:
- Update client Standard- With this mode you can update all demographic fields, bio metric fields, and local language.
- Update client lite- With this mode, you can update all photos of the demographic field and local language.